Monday, January 25, 2010

Rain

Standing outside Landis on an otherwise typically rainy, cold night in the city. Its darker than usual no stars, no moon just the blurred lights from windows above. Flick the lighter and cover the cigarette with my hand warming it slightly, but only for a moment. I take a drag. Exhale. A silhouette of a darkened figured, smoke slowly billowing through the rain can be seen standing under the overhang. I walk into the rain, and look up to the fourth floor where I had just been. Take another drag, and ponder muddled thoughts.
The night is late and my mind is blurry. Probably loosing some of my sanity as the day went on. It didn't get any better tonight. A drought on the inside, a monsoon on the outside. It is only Wednesday.
Desire.
I have told you that I was in love once.

No comments:

Post a Comment